CyberfretBass.com Legacy Bass Music Theory Lessons
The Online Bass Lessons at CyberfretBass.com are in the process of being updated. Below are some bass lessons from the old website that have not made it to the new one yet.
Constructing major scales
- This is the starting point for understanding all music theory.
Basic Chord Construction
- Learn the basic theory behind chord construction and how it is applied to the electric bass.
Chord Construction - 3 Note Chords
- This lesson will give you a basic understanding of how all 3 note chords are constructed and how to apply that theory to the neck of the bass. This will include major, minor, augmented, diminished, sus2 and sus4 chords.
- This lesson covers how to spell any 3 note chord.
- This lessons covers how to further apply the theory learned in the previous parts to the neck of the bass. You will learn how to alter basic arpeggio shapes that you already know to form other types of chords.
- The musical measurement of distance and sound.
Major Key Harmony
- Learn the music theory behind major keys. Discover the chord possibilities, and
learn an easy visual method for finding what chords are in any major key.
Natural Minor Scale
- Minor scale construction, and the relationship between major and minor. Learn how the theory is applied to the neck of the bass.
- Learn the construction of both major and minor pentatonic scales. A reference of all pentatonic scale forms and functions is included.
- Learn how modes are constructed, and how they are used as both a tonal center, and as scales for particular chords.